Cranberry and Orange Shortbread
These shortbread cookies are perfect for the kids and family during this festive season.
Thanks to our instagram follower @KatesEarth for the recipe.
½ Cup Forest Feast Dried Cranberries
½ Cup Butter
2 ½ Cups Plain Flour
½ + ¼ Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Tsp Almond Extract
1-2 Tbsps Orange Juice
Zest of 1-2 oranges
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Line a tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the dried cranberries and ¼ of sugar to a food processor and blitz until cranberries are in smaller pieces.
- Mix flour, coconut sugar and butter in a large bowl until it becomes crumbly texture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until a dough forms.
- Need the dough and then place in the fridge for a minimum of two hours to chill.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove dough from the fridge and roll out to 1cm thickness and then cut into shapes and place on your pre-lined tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute before placing on wire wrack to cool down completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!