White chocolate, cranberry and pecan blondies
Blondies couldn’t be any easier to make; they are a delicious twist on a firm favourite – the much loved chocolate brownie. We have replaced the dark chocolate with white chocolate to enrich and counteract the sharpness of the cranberries, with a bit of crunchy pecan what more do you want?
Makes 16 small squares
200g chopped white chocolate
100g soft light brown sugar
2 large eggs
110g plain flour
80g Forest Feast Incredible Cranberries
50g Forest Feast Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4.
- Grease and line a 20 x 23 x 4cm tin.
- Place half of the white chocolate into a medium mixing bowl along with the butter.
- Half fill a medium saucepan with water and boil. When at boiling point, remove from the heat and set the mixing bowl on top to allow the butter and chocolate to gently melt.
- Using an electric mixer beat the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, then stir in the melted chocolate and butter, sift in the flour and stir gently.
- To finish the blondies, add the cranberries, chopped pecans and remaining chopped white chocolate, then pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in a hot oven for 30-35 minutes. To check if it is baked all the way through – lay your finger on top and press down gently – if it springs back up – it’s ready.
- Allow to cool before eating.