Wonder fruit bars
These fruit and nut bars are easy to make and a welcome treat for children when they arrive home from school. Packed full of fruit, nuts, seeds and oats they will fill their tummies and keep them feeling satisfied until dinner time.
200g unsalted butter
50g golden syrup
1 can (395g) condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g fine porridge oats
175g Forest Feast Wonder berries (includes dried cranberries, goji berries, blackcurrants, physalis, blueberries and strawberries.)
30g Forest Feast Sunflower seeds
30g Forest Feast Pumpkin seeds
160g Forest Feast Malatya apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 150°C / 300°F / Gas 2.
- Line a 9 inch baking tin with baking parchment.
- Weigh all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, porridge oats, wonder berries seeds, chopped apricots and thoroughly mix together.
- Use a saucepan to gently heat the butter and golden syrup along with condensed milk. When it is just melted and no more, quickly add the vanilla and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix until well coated.
- Pour into the prepared baking tin and bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and when cool place in the fridge until firm.
- Cut into 18 little bars (6 across x 3 down) and store in an airtight container.